The Tau Zero Foundation
Renowned researchers, educators and makers, pioneering bridge building methods, development and inspiration for Interstellar Flight.
Tennessee Valley Interstellar Workshop 2017
We Now Live in the Interstellar Era
We are dedicated to building the gateway that enables humankind to become a permanent, space faring civilization, by participating in the developing space industry infrastructure, and contributing to the necessary intermediary steps we must take to go from here to there and back again.
What’s Out There
President John F. Kennedy, famously stated “We choose to go to the Moon! We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win . . .”
Before he made this statement, he made the claim: “space can be explored and mastered”
This is our mission.
“A journey of a hundred light-years begins with a single step.”
~ Confucius (extended 12 orders of magnitude)
Why Pursue Starflight Now?
Interstellar flight is a human journey. While the ultimate benefit is the continued survival of humanity, the immediate reason is for creating benefits in the attempt. Pursuing interstellar flight…
- Rekindles hope for a better future, where humanity thrives and opportunities are abundant.
- Compels humanity to conquer frontiers instead of each other.
- Drives progress toward revolutionary advancements, not just the next innovation.
- Provides a dispassionate venue to solve contentious social issues (using context of far-future ‘world ships’), such as population limits, sustainability, governance, life’s purpose, etc.
- Provides a venue for long-range thinking on profoundly important goals before their solutions appear imminent or before the need is dangerously pending.
- Gives students career goals that also benefit humanity.